We’re more or less used to smartphones exploding these days, but this time the incident involving a 48-year-old man from India wasn’t caused by a faulty part.
Instead, the device, whose brand and model were not disclosed, exploded after being struck by lightning while in the owner’s pocket, catching fire and causing a small blast that burned the man’s private parts.
A report from India Times cites local residents as saying that the battery of the phone was the one that exploded, with post-fire debris found in his pocket.
“I fell on the after a sudden explosion. Lightning struck my mobile phone that was in the pocket. My felt that lower body was paralysed,” the owner of the phone was quoted as saying to the press in an approximate English.
No info on brand and model