12-Year-Old Boy Loses One Eye, Finger Due to Phone Explosion
A 12-year-old boy from China lost his right eye and the right index finger after his phone exploded while charging, leaving him all covered in blood on the floor.
Meng Jisu was charging the phone at this home in Guangxi province, China when he leaned over the charger to reach the device. The explosion blew off his right index finger on the spot, leaving him unconscious on the floor until his older sister found him and called an ambulance.
The boy was then rushed to the hospital where doctors tried to remove the shrapnel from his face and the chest during a five-hour surgery. Because sharp pieces of plastic were sent directly into his right eye, the 12-year-old was left partially blinded.
The finger could not be reattached to the boy’s right hand because it wasn’t brought to the hospital, but even if it was, doctors said it would’ve been impossible to do it due to the severe injuries.
Phone purchased two years ago
As for the device that suffered … (read more)
Read more at: Source link
Remember to like our Facebook and follow us on Twitter @AndroidRedTeam for a chance to win a free Samsung Galaxy Tablet every month!